Here’s the deal: If you want to build a beautiful-looking page in WordPress, you either need to know how to code or know someone who does. Even if you know how to code, you will not want to waste hours building a page – This is where Drag and Drop page builders come to rescue.
They allow anyone to build beautiful looking websites and landing pages within minutes without writing a single line of code, Whether you are a WordPress newbie or an expert coder, you can always benefit from the ease and simplicity these page builders offer.
Get 5 Months Free & 30% Off All Plans.
Click the coupon code to copy and open the link »
So, in this article, I will share with you the best page builder plugins available for WordPress.
Divi Builder is a powerful page builder plugin by Elegant Themes. It is one of the most popular page builder plugins available in the market.
It comes with a front-end as well as a back-end editor.
While the front-end editor helps you make live changes to your pages, the back-end editor allows you to get the perfect layout.
With the Divi Builder, you get can either start building your page from scratch or use one of the 20+ pre-made layout designs.
It ships with over 40 content modules including sliders, counters, pricing tables and testimonials. And all of these content modules offer tons of customization options including the option to use custom CSS.
One of the best features of this plugin is the ability to save your layouts or a part of them in your Divi Library and reuse them later.
- A simple, user-friendly interface.
- Access to more than 87 themes and 3+ other plugins that come with an Elegant Themes membership.
- A relatively short learning curve.
- Not sold separately. You have to subscribe to the Elegant Themes membership to get this plugin.
- Lacks some content modules available in other page builders.
- No way to remove data from the database after removing the plugin.
Price: Included in the $89/year Elegant Themes Membership ( Use our ElegantThemes Coupon for Money off this )
Beaver is a front-end editor that allows you to make live changes to your pages.
It comes with over 27 well-designed templates. These templates can be used to easily create both content and landing pages.
Beaver Builder comes with 19 advanced modules and also allows the use of shortcodes from other plugins on your site.
It also offers control over when these modules are displayed. For example, you can choose to display a module only for certain devices or user roles. While all beaver pages are fully responsive, this feature allows you to fine tune your pages and better optimize them for mobile devices.
While Beaver Builder works best with the Beaver Theme offered on the Pro and Agency plans, it will play well with whatever theme you are using.
- Beaver builder offers a built-in deep integration with WooCommerce allowing you to easily design storefront pages.
- Developers can extend/customize the functionality by creating their own widgets or custom modules.
- Other page builders in this list offer more templates.
- The page builder only works with pages and cannot be used to design posts.
Price: Starting from $99
Elementor is a powerful page builder plugin that is available for free. It works well with any theme and allows you to design not only pages but also posts and even custom post type posts.
It offers total control over the layout and delivers a pixel-perfect design.
It also comes with a visual form builder allowing you to easily create subscription forms that integrate with most email marketing service providers including MailChimp and MailPoet.
It comes with support for 800+ Google Fonts allowing you complete control over the typography of your pages. It also offers over 400 icons that you can use in your designs.
While the free version offers tons of functionality and features, the Pro version of Elementor comes with a lot of awesome features and support for WooCommerce.
- Comes with over 42 customizable widgets and support for widgets from other plugins on your site.
- Offers over 20 pre-designed templates.
- Free and open sources.
- Offers a lot of customization options and can be overwhelming for beginners.
- Form widget only supports integration with MailChimp and MailPoet.
Price: Basic version available for Free. Pro version starts at $49/site
Themify Builder is an affordable Page builder that offers both front-end and back-end editing functionality. While the plugin comes free with all Themify themes, it can also be purchased separately.
Its front-end builder allows you to preview the design live and its back-end editor helps you quickly move elements around the page.
While you can always start designing your pages from scratch, Themify Builder comes with over 40 beautiful-looking templates.
It offers more than 60 animations you can apply to your elements. These animations trigger only when the element is in the view.
Themify builder is compatible with most of the popular plugins like WooCommerce, Yoast SEO, and disqus. It also offers full control over the typography and background styles of the design.
If you want to extend the functionality of the plugin, you can do that by installing the add-ons offered by Themify. While you can buy individual add-ons for $10 each, you can also buy the bundle for $39 which comes with over 21 add-ons.
- A clean, beginner-friendly user interface.
- Comes with over 20 useful modules.
- Works with any post type and supports shortcodes from 3rd party plugins.
- To get the content modules that come built-in with all the other plugins in this list, you will have to buy a premium add-on bundle.
- Unlike other page builders, Themify Builder displays content modules at the bottom of the screen.
Price: Comes free with all Themify themes, but can also be purchased separately for $39.
Page Builder by Site Origin
Page Builder by Site Origin is one of the most popular free page builder plugins. It is theme independent and can be used with any WordPress theme. It offers a back-end editor as well as a front-end editor allowing you to easily create responsive page layouts. While the front-end editor allows you to make live changes to your pages, the back-end editor allows you to quickly make changes to the layout.
Unlike other plugins on this list, you don’t get any custom elements to build your pages. This plugin only offers functionality to use WordPress widgets. And while there’s a free widget bundle by SiteOrigin you can download, you will only get 20 basic widgets to use.
Unlike other plugins on this list, Page Builder by SiteOrigin doesn’t have much diversity to offer when it comes to the elements available in this page builder.
- Comes with support for 3rd Party WordPress Widgets.
- Totally free and will always remain free.
- Offers a history browser that allows you to easily undo your changes.
- Relatively basic when compared to the other plugins on this list.
- A really small amount of widgest offered with the core plugin. You have to download a widget bundle to get the much needed functionality.
Can’t decide which one to choose?
Let me make it easy for you. If you want value for money, you should go with the Divi Page builder by Elegant Themes as it comes with over 20 pre-made layout designs and 40+ content modules. When you buy an Elegant Themes membership, you also get access to premium support, 87+ premium WordPress themes and 3 other plugins.
Another great option is Themify builder which comes with 40+ beautiful pre-made templates for just $39.
If you are looking for a free option, your best option is Elementor. The free version of this plugin can easily compete with most of the paid plugins on this list. You can also try Page Builder by SiteOrigin which offers fewer features than Elementor but still gets the job done. It’s a pretty basic page builder when compared to all the other plugins on this list.
If you want to create high converting landing pages, Divi Builder is the best choice. It comes with a lot of high-converting landing page templates and offers A/B Split Testing functionality allowing you to run split tests on your pages. But if for some reason you don’t want to use the Divi Builder, but also want A/B testing functionality, you can always use the free Google Optimize Tool to split test your pages. It will work with all the plugins on this list and is really easy to set up.
Now, it’s your time to unleash your creativity and get started building beautiful looking pages without the need to hire a developer or learn how to code. With these page builder plugins, creating a stunning pag on your WordPress site is as easy as choosing a template, adding text and hitting the publish button.