If you don’t have a contact form on your website, you are missing out on a lot of potential clients and customers. Why? Because a contact form is what a visitor/customer looks for when they are interested in your product or service and want to get in touch with you. And if you don’t have a contact form on your website, it will be really difficult for your website visitors to find a way to contact you.
The easier you can make it for your visitors to contact you, the better as you can start a dialog with potential new customers and convert them to paying customers more easily. A good contact page will offer a variety of different methods – you should list your email address, physical address, phone number, social media profiles ( Twitter & Facebook being the most popular), but the number one way will always be a contact form – the form should be well designed, easy to fill out and should include some form of Captcha to stop bots abusing it and causing issues with your hosting.
Get 5 Months Free & 30% Off All Plans.
Click the coupon code to copy and open the link »
Now, if you search the WordPress plugin directory for contact form plugins, I am sure you will find at least a thousand. But a lot of these plugins are outdated, don’t have essential features and might even be vulnerable to hackers. So, to save hours of research, here’s our list of the best Contact Form Plugins For WordPress.
Best Free & Paid WordPress Contact Form Plugins
Here is our run-down of the best Free and Paid options available to you in 2017, along with the main features of each and links to download and get started building your new contact page.
JetPack is the most installed WordPress plugin by Automattic, the same company behind WordPress. If you have never heard of JetPack before, it’s a free suite of plugins that help you add more functionality to your WordPress site and connect it to WordPress.com.
While JetPack is widely known for the features it offers, most people aren’t aware that it comes with a very basic, easy-to-use drag-and-drop contact form builder.
- Offers a simple drag-and-drop contact form builder that is suitable for beginners.
- The contact form module of this plugin is totally free.
- Create forms right in the WordPress page/post editor.
- Over five Form Elements to choose from.
- All submissions are stored in the database and can be viewed on the Feedback page of the WordPress dashboard.
- More than just a contact form plugin. Helps improve website speed and security.
- Connects your website to WordPress.com for additional benefits.
- Spam filtering support available with Akismet.
Contact Form 7
Contact Form 7 is the oldest and the most popular Contact Form plugin available for WordPress. It’s trusted by thousands of professional bloggers and no list of contact form plugins is complete without this plugin.
If you are looking for a simple, easy-to-use solution, Contact Form 7 is the way to go. It’s totally free and is regularly updated. It comes with dozens of useful features like Spam Filtering, CAPTCHA support, and Ajax-based form submission.
- Ajax-powered form submission allows your visitors to send you email without refreshing or leaving the page.
- Comes with support for spam filtering using the Akismet Spam Plugin.
- Offers support for Google CAPTCHA to help prevent spammers and spambots.
- Allows you to customize the HTML and CSS used for the form.
WP Forms is a popular contact form plugin developed by WP Beginner. While it is designed with beginners in mind, it does come with tons of useful features.
It offers a drag-and-drop form builder that allows you to create forms within minutes. You can use to create not only contact forms but also donation forms, payment forms, and surveys in just a few minutes. It also allows you to create multiple-page forms which allow you to divide long forms into multiple pages to improve the user experience.
While the premium version of this plugin comes with dozens of useful features, there’s a lite version available for free in the WordPress Plugins Directory. If you just want to test the waters, you should download and give the lite version a try.
- Really easy to use and can be easily used by beginners.
- Comes with a drag-and-drop builder that allows you to build contact forms, donation forms, subscription forms, and surveys within minutes.
- Offers tons of customization options including the ability to use custom CSS and HTML code.
Price: Starting at $39/year
Gravity Forms is a popular contact form plugin for WordPress. It’s a simple but powerful plugin. It comes with a simple, easy-to-use form builder that allows you to create forms within seconds. It also allows you to create Multi-Page Forms with progress bars on the top to let the user know how far they have come in the process.
Gravity Forms also offers add-ons that you can install to create surveys, quiz, and polls. To get the add-ons, you will have to sign up for the Business Plan or the Developer plan as these add-ons are not available in the personal plan.
- Allows you to create multi-page forms that can be used to divide long forms which improve user experience and usability.
- Limit the amount of submissions/entries allowed for each form.
- Offers standard form fields, and input options like Checkboxes and radio buttons.
- Forms can create posts on your site which allow you to get user-generated-content.
Price: Starting at $39/year
Developed by ThemeIsle, Pirate Forms is a totally free contact form plugin. It’s really easy to use and takes no more than a minute to set up. It offers support for Google reCaptcha and custom SMTP. If you don’t want to send emails from your own server, you can configure the plugin to use a custom SMTP server.
It allows you to display the forms on any page using the [pirate_forms] shortcode. And it comes with basic customization features.
If you just need a free contact form plugin to create a basic contact form without a thousand complex features, you should go with Pirate Forms.
- Totally free contact form plugin for WordPress. No upsells, upgrades or add-ons.
- Perfect for creating basic contact forms.
- Allows you to customize everything you want including field labels, CSS, and the HTML code.
- Can be configured to use a custom SMTP server.
- Offers support for Google reCaptcha to prevent spammers and spambots.
Price: Totally Free
Formidable Forms is a form creation and data management plugin for WordPress. It offers a simple drag & drop builder to help you create forms within a minute.
It comes with over 30 field types and allows you to build complex forms using conditional logic.
This plugin is more than just a form creator. It also offers the ability to visualize the data in the form of graphs and tables that you collect through your forms. It also offers you the ability to completely customize your forms by editing the HTML and CSS.
The most basic plan starts at $49 per site and offers almost everything you will need as a blogger if you are just starting out. Premium add-ons are also available for the plugin to help add more functionality.
- Allows you to create multi-page forms for better user experience.
- Allows you to create complex forms with conditional logic.
- Over 30 field types to choose from.
- You can configure the plugin to send you email notifications every time a form entry is submitted, updated or deleted.
- Customize the form using the drag and drop editor or directly edit the HTML and CSS of the form.
Price: Starting at $49/site
Ninja Forms is a free form builder for WordPress by WP Ninjas. It allows you to easily create complex forms without writing a single line of code.
It offers a clean, drag-and-drop form creator to help you create beautiful forms within minutes. While the free version of this plugin offers tons of premium functionality, you can get the premium version if you want to support and additional features.
If you want more functionality, you can buy the premium add-ons for this plugin. There are add-ons available that help you collect payments, build email lists, and connect your forms to other applications like Zapier, Slack, Trello and CRM applications.
- A clean, easy-to-use drag and drop builder that is suitable for beginners.
- No limitations on the number of forms or submissions even on the free plugin.
- Ajax-powered form submission allows your users to submit the form without a refresh or redirection.
- Offers dozens of customization features.
- Offers input masking to force required fields and correct data format.
Price: Basic version is free. Premium starts at $99 per site.
QuForm is a premium Form Builder plugin for WordPress. It is available for just $29 and you can use it on all your websites.
It offers a live drag-and-drop form builder that you can use to build forms within just a few minutes. This plugin comes with over 15 Form Elements to choose from and has no restriction on the number of forms you can create.
- Can be used on unlimited sites.
- No restrictions on the number of forms or submissions or fields.
- Offers a simple, easy-to-use drag and drop builder and 15 Form Elements to choose from.
- Support for Google reCaptcha to prevent spam.
- It is translation ready and can be easily translated to any language.
- Fully customize the form by editing the CSS and HTML yourself.
- Ajax-based form submission allows your visitors to submit forms without a refresh or redirect.
Visual Form Builder
Visual Form Builder allows you to create and manage all kinds of forms on your Website. It comes with a drag-and-drop form builder that you can use to easily create beautiful, professional-looking forms within minutes even if you don’t know how to code.
While the basic version of this plugin is available for free in the WordPress Plugin Directory, you can also get the pro version of this plugin that comes with dozens of useful premium features.
If you want even more functionality, you can purchase premium add-ons available for the plugin. The pro version of this plugin is available for just $29 per site.
- Easily customize your forms using the drag-and-drop builder.
- Send a confirmation receipt email to the user.
- Fully customize the forms by editing the CSS yourself.
- Easily export entries and submissions to a CSV file.
Price: Basic version is available for free. Pro version available at $29/site.
Contact Form by BestWebSoft
Contact Form is a free WordPress plugin by BestWebSoft. It comes with an easy-to-use drag-and-drop interface that allows you to build contact forms without writing a single line of code.
The free version comes with dozens of useful features, but if you are looking for premium features and support, you can get the premium version of this plugin for $30 per site.
- Shortcodes can be used on any page, post or even widgets.
- Allows you to set up data validation for the forms.
- Send a copy of the submitted message to the user.
- Allow users to attach files to their messages.
- Translation-ready allowing you to translate your form into any language.
- Customize the “Reply-To” email address.
- Easily customize the form with the builder or edit the CSS yourself.
- Add additional data about the sender like IP address and Date/Time to the message.
Price: Basic version is available for free. Pro version available for $30/site.
If you still can’t decide which plugin to go for, let me make it easy for you:
If you are looking for a totally free solution to create basic contact forms, you should go with Pirate Forms or Contact Form 7. They are both totally free, easy to use, fully customizable, and well established solutions.
If you are looking for an easy-to-use form that comes with tons of features, WP Forms is the way to go. It comes with dozens of useful features and is suitable for beginners.
And if you are looking for a plugin that comes with everything you might need on your blogging journey, Gravity Forms is the best choice. Its business plan offers dozens of add-ons and is really easy to use.
If you are just starting out as a blogger, you should give a free plugin like Pirate Forms a try. Most free plugins offer all the features you will need as a beginner. But if you want to build complex forms like Payment and Subscription forms, you should try a premium form builder like Gravity Forms or QuForms.
Whatever contact form plugin you choose, be sure to make your contact form easy to find for your visitors. Because at the end of the day, there’s no reason to have a contact form on your website if it’s difficult to find.